YES you can!! Just don’t GUZZLE the stuff and choose wisely!! You don’t want to ruin all your hard work, wake up with a banging head the next day and crave chips, lasagne, pizza and other VERY non Keto Friendly Foods!!!
There are many low-carb options out there for those 'low-carbers’ who like an alcoholic beverage. As with everything, moderation is key. Heavy drinking isn’t a good idea for anyone, but having a few carb-conscious tipples occasionally won’t hurt. And even better, some of the drinks below are actually carb-free!
Let’s hone in on a few tips to help you celebrate your hard work without ruining it!
Distilled spirits such as Vodka, Gin and Whisky are typical ‘go-to’s’ for many ‘low carbers’, but be careful what you have with it! Have you now heard people refer to full sugar drinks as ‘full fat’? Eg the red can of coke is the ‘full fat’ option instead of Diet Coke? Makes me laugh.....If only it was full fat instead of full of sugar then we’d be championing it!
Ok, now for some zero carb mixers. The key is to avoid anything with sugar, INCLUDING fruit juice.
Try one of these;
The three components of a cocktail:
We have highlighted the best Alcohol and Low Carb Mixers.
This is always a controversial subject with low-carbers! There aren’t many choices when it comes to ZERO carb sweeteners. The key is to choose the liquid options such as these:
Fruity cocktails, they are packed full of sugar. I've witnessed with my own eyes, bar staff adding refined white sugar! Euh! If you prefer a sweeter cocktail then best prepare it yourself …and use sugar free alternatives.
Grab the following:
GUILT FREE IN A GLASS.
Grab the following
LOW CARB BLISS IN A GLASS.
Grab the following
HEAVEN IN A GLASS. And so easy to make.
And for those of you who enjoy a liquor coffee after dinner, why not try an Irish coffee, NO SUGAR and HEAVY cream.
This one is easy….. grab some GOOD coffee, add your favourite whiskey, and add lots of cream!! DONE.
TIP: Think Dry!
96 calories, 1.5g carbs
Nothing like a glass of bubbly! Champagne, Cava, dry Prosecco are the preferred choices when thinking low carb. Brut is the least ‘sugary’ option.
Wine can be tricky to measure as there are so many varieties available. Again, always opt for dry wines rather than the sweet versions. The calorie and carb counts will differ depending on brand, types of grapes, and process of fermentation, but here is an average:
There must be a reason why humans have been drinking wine for thousands of years. One of them is probably that it tastes really good with food.
Ben Franklin even said:
“constant proof that God loves us”.
Fortunately, drinking an occasional glass of dry wine is fine on a low-carb diet.
1 bottle of wine has 5 standard servings (5 ounces). Here's some useful info for you to calculate how many burpees you'll need to do the next day....calories matter as much as carbs!
Again, there are many low carb beer options to choose from. Here are a few good options to consider:
Always avoid these:
So let’s be clever and it won’t become the inevitable….
There's a number of ‘hacking’ techniques you can use to prevent or reduce the toxins seeping into your blood stream.
1. Drink Water! Guzzle this down for sure. Make sure it’s filtered and NOT tap. This is obvious, as alcohol is dehydrating. Dehydration means any toxins you take in are going to be more concentrated and have a stronger negative effect.
2. Electrolytes I recommend a couple of mega-hydrates and Precision Hydration tablet before going to bed.
3. B Vitamins - The liver has to work hard to process alcohol, and B vitamins are depleted in the process. You should be supplementing with these daily. If you have more than a couple of drinks, you should finish your night with some B-1 and B-12.
4. Vitamin C - Take at least 1000mg daily and more prior to drinking alcohol. This will help block alcohol being converted into aldehyde, the most toxic byproduct of alcohol processing.
5. Activated charcoal - You need this to get those mycotoxins out of your gut. Activated charcoal will do just that plus it will help your body absorb B vitamins.
6. NAC - Drink wine and don't get a hangover!
Do you have a friend who would benefit from this information?
*** Please forward this to them! ***